+6,000 students mentored
2 Community Libraries Started
Partnered with more than 20 schools
Welcome to Literature Africa Foundation
Literature Africa Foundation (LAF) is a Non-Governmental Organization founded and registered in the year 2015. We aim at raising a generation of self-reliant individuals who are educated & empowered as we bridge the gap between education and economic empowerment. We endeavor to transform communities through education, advocacy and capacity building with an aim of challenging societal inequalities.
Our mission is to advance access to quality, inclusive education and economic empowerment opportunities to children and youths through a long-term holistic approach which includes academic and literacy support, skills training and mentorship.
We envision a Kenya where all young people are educated and economically empowered to fulfill their potential and broaden their experience of the world, irrespective of poverty, ethnicity, gender, religion or special needs.
Our programs revolve around four main pillars;
- Education to the vulnerable and marginalized groups.
- - Mentorship
- - Basic Literacy & Numeracy
- - Advancing access to books & other learning materials
- Advocacy on community based issues.
- - Reproductive health & Menstrual Hygiene
- - Women & Girls empowerment
- - Peace & Cohesion
- - Leadership & Governance
- Economic Empowerment through capacity building and opportunity creation.
- - Financial literacy & Business Skills Training
- - Agribusiness training